A Pumpkins Saga

A Pumpkins Saga is a Tale of Pumpkin. His journey through Life, his frustrations, joys and gives the reader a first hand acccount into his unusual way of looking at the world around him. And overall attitude towards the thing that he doesn't give a dammn for

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

No Work is all Pain

I celebrated my B'day a few days ago. As if getting older ain't painful enough (there are some who say ' age brings wisdom- but I'd personally prefer getting wise while staying young) I am now being surrounded with hoardes of relatives coming from all parts of the known World - this is an exaggeration, I've no relatives in Anartica- to wish me on my B'day.

Most of these well wishers after having enjoyed the pleasures of my hospitality leave as fast as their means can carry to their Home Grounds. Yet there are others, more persistant and close to the heart types who would not consider a visit a visit if they dont enjoy my company for a few days at least if not a week.

The fact is that I actually like these old bloods of mine (the young ones are smarter-They don't stay). These people really know how to enjoy life. They are Great to talk to and are full of interesting anecdotes and stories (although I'd personally would not like to bank on the Validity of all of their revelations).

But no matter how much you love your relations, a dozen extras staying in your house in BOMBAY, all at one time is definitely hard on a gentelman (as I am one). So as the saying goes ' When the going gets tough, the tough get going' , I muster all my resources and get going to my workplace at IIT B where I'm carrying out some research in Organic Synthesis.

Of late I've observed that-unusually for a lazy chap like me-I rub upto 16hrs in the lab and my performance has increased drastically. And all the odious fumes in my lab smell to me like the perfumes of Arabia (not to be confused with McBeth). At least I've my work and my lab! Whereas on the home front, not only have I lost my privacy and my possessions but also my voice and along with it my self esteem. I don't even need to walk into my house, I get pushed around. This reminds me of the time I spent at a military training camp a few yesrs ago. It was hell, but then I had company and after 8pm even the Camp Sgt. would be merciful. Expect no such mercy from my relatives. A terrible homefront can make miracles at your workplace that would make Houdini look like an amatuer. Some wise guy said that behind every successful man is a woman and now I know why.

Ma Cheri called me yesterday to voice herself on my blog. She is a charming girl and a nice one too and I enjoy her company. But she feels I unnecessarily flatter her and write naughty things on my blogs. That's so untrue.

Of late things haven't exactly been going my way. There's influenza in the air and even though I've been mercifully spared of the big trouble, I can't say I'm in good health. That's why I've decided to stay home for the day- why should Kapil be the only one who gets to stay home all the time? But now my defences are at an all time low, no back up and no escape route. I will have to bear all the brunt of the offensive of the hostiles all alone on my home ground. But as some poet with political affiliations said;

For all your days prepare,

and meet
them ever alike;

When you're the anvil suffer,

when you're the hammer Strike.

I have decided to bravely face agony and wait for a favorable moment, when I can seek the pleasures of the hospitality of my tormentors and give back to them, what they are giving me right now.

Cheerio.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It's kind of funny to see that families are just like mine all over the world!

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home