A Pumpkins Saga

A Pumpkins Saga is a Tale of Pumpkin. His journey through Life, his frustrations, joys and gives the reader a first hand acccount into his unusual way of looking at the world around him. And overall attitude towards the thing that he doesn't give a dammn for

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Ich habe ein Haus!

After fifteen days of sleeping in a sleeping bag at my hosts place and after nearly having lost my backbone (Note: For people who never studied metaphors in class; a backbone represents a feeling of self-respect) - I eventually managed to find an abode for myself.

Life can be pretty hard at times. I suddenly found myself in a totally foreign place - totally befret of other students from my country - searching for an apartment. I did not have the slightest idea wether I could find room mates to stay with me at the new found place. The problem was that I was here too early.

After making a number of calls to family and friends, raking up advice and after having spent precious moments of my life nearly making wrong decisions. I finally dropped the coin and booked a place. And after that things started working out all by themselves. I got just the kind of room mates I needed and I finally settled down.

I felt good that things had worked out the way I wished they had. I was lucky that I had time on my side - a lot of other students won't have that privilige. But the most important thing that happened with me was that - with every near wrong decision I took; I learnt a lot more about myself. What kind of a person I was and what I really wanted.

I believe that the whole world is not without but within you, the way you percieve things around you is a reflection of not how things are, but how you want them to be. We never learn anything that is not ourselves. A happy individual is the one who knows himself the best.

Maybe you don't understand what I'm saying. Maybe I dont either. Maybe it's time for another beer.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home