A Pumpkins Saga

A Pumpkins Saga is a Tale of Pumpkin. His journey through Life, his frustrations, joys and gives the reader a first hand acccount into his unusual way of looking at the world around him. And overall attitude towards the thing that he doesn't give a dammn for

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Amongst Alarm Clocks, Pillows and other things.

Life interacts with you in strange and unexpected ways. I also belive that we take the small things in life for granted. And eventually these very small things are the ones that strike you - if not affect you.

When I left Bombay to come to the US to study; I knew that I would have to stay all alone. I knew that I'd have to cook my own food, do my laundry, clean my place, live with stangers and manage my own finances. I also knew that I would not be able to go back home and meet my family for at least an year or two.

But I was quite surprised to notice that - after having slept for more than three weeks in a sleeping bag on the floor without a pillow - I was overjoyed to sleep on a pillow yesterday night. My mattress and my pillow have by far ended up being my most prized possessions - and my good nights sleep the very best comfort I have.

Interesting! Considering that we never give a thought about the simple things that we have around us. I never thought about a pillow and a bed to be a source of pleasure. I think we need to be greatful of these little things that we have around us that we so easily take by default to be a part of our daily existence.

Taking about sleeping, one thing that really caught my notice is that if you oversleep or is your alarm clock fails, there is no one to wake you up. That is, unless you have a really good roomemate with a really bad case of Amnesia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home